dinsdag 3 december 2013

Long way to Mauritania

After doing some surf places and meeting Garry, who is on a bike with a surfboard, me and Luke drove on South. By this time we picked up Manos, a greek hitchhiker, on the way to Senegal.

Got stuck in some dunes off the road in Laayoune


Garry with the surfboard

Surfs Up

One happy Luke

Once we got to Dakhla, it started raining and didn't stop for 2 days, which is kind of strange, in the middle of the Sahara. We resorted to cooking inside the van and watching some movies.

Finally found the sign for the tropic of Cancer, you can see why I missed it twice
Just before the border we spend a night in Lamhiriz, a fishermen's village.

When we got to the border, I was happy we got there in the morning, as it was very busy that day. After 2 hours we could start checking out of Morocco.

Then after succesfully navigating no-mans land, we had another 2,5 hours of frustration on the Mauri side, but eventually we made it in, with no questions asked about the dog, and just a very quick look in the van. They told me I could have brought in 3 bottles of alcohol per person, if only I had known, I wouldn't have drunk most of it by now.
Chillin' in Nouadhibou
I'm now in Nouakchott, sorting out the visa and teaming up with Spanish KTM driver Kruger for the 'route de l'espoir' to Mali.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten